Sorry for the long post in advance!! I have tried many medicines as you will see below with little to no help out all. My question is, can a non-functioning microadenoma cause symptoms? Has anyone ever heard of opiates decreasing prolactin? Can you tell me your opinion of the image I have posted?
The physician stated, "we believe this likely represents artifact. There is asymmetry of the sella which creates the effect of possible microadenoma. However microadenoma cannot be completely ruled out based on this imaging study. The mild elevation of prolactin also suggests that this could be a microadenoma. At this point we plan to do additional hormone testing including corticotropin, prolactin, and morning cortisol levels. If these are all normal or near normal, the only followup would be a repeat MRI of the pituitary in about a year to ensure that this is not changing in appearance."
I have tried the medications below and the only thing that helps the racing heart and everything else is the opiates. I have very many of the same symptoms as cushings and a pituitary tumor which started when I broke my nose almost 6 years ago.
Medicine's I've been on since 2003;
Anti-Depressants / Anti-Anxiety Medications (with little to no help...most of the time I didn't even realize I was taking anything. Never had to wean myself off of any of it, I could just stop it and not know the difference:
1. Paxil (25 mg, oncer per day, had a bad reaction)
2. PaxilCR (25mg, once per day)
3. Xaxax (1 mg, take one tablet daily)
4. Zoloft (Various pill sizes, the most I was ever on was 250 MG)
5. Risperdal (1 mg, take 1/2 to 1 tablet each day)
6. Lexapro (20 mg, taken once a day)
7. Clonazepan (1/2 to one tablet daily up to 3x daily)
8. Wellbutrin (I believe I was taking like 150 mg once a day)
9. Seroquel (Unsure, but I believe the largest dose I took was maybe 100. Used these for sleep)
10. Zyprexa (10 mg, take one tablet daily at bedtime)
11. Buspirone (15 mg, take one tablet daily at bedtime)
12. Clomipramine (50 mg to take 2 tablets at bedtime, sent to ER following morning, as I couldn't walk, talk or function).
13. Lorazepam (2 mg, one tablet at bedtime, then take 1/2 to 1 tablet every 6 hours as needed)
14. Cymbalta (got up to taking 60 mg 2x per day or 120 total)
15. Ativan 0.5mg, up to three times per day)
16. Invega (6 mg)
18. Alprazolam (0.5 mg up to four times per day).
19. I was even told to try taking 10 to 20 mg of Ambien(Zolpidem) in the daytime to see if it helps by Dr.
20. Abilify (5 mg, once at bedtime).
21. Prozac (40 mg 1x per day)
1. Ambien (up to 20 mg per night and was also told I could try taking some during the daytime). I have even taken up to 10 of these trying to sleep.
2. Mirtazipine substituted for Remeron (15 mg, one tablet per day at bedtime).
3. Melatonin (3 mg, taking anywhere from 1 to 10 tablets to sleep)
4. Lunesta (2 mg, take one tablet at bedtime)
5. Chloral Hydrate (500MG/5ML, take 1 or 2 teaspoonfulls at bedtime, may repeat one time during the night).
6. Amitryptiline HCL (50 mg or 1 tablet at bedtime).
7. Trazadone (Took 300 mg at night for sleep and was up until at least 4:00 a.m. the next morning.
8. Tylenol PM
9. Simply Sleep
10. Nortriptyline HCL (10 mg)
11. Temazepam generic for Restoril (30 mg, 1 to 2 tablets at bedtime)
12. Requip (started at 0.5 for 5 days and now take 1 mg per night)
1. Hydrocone 5/500APP (taken up to 10 tablets daily)
2. Hydrocone 7.5/500APP (taken up to 10 tablets per day)
3. Morphine ER (Take 1 30 mg tablet 3x per day)
4. Oxycodone 5/325 (take 1 every 4 to 6 hours as needed).
5. Vicodin (can't remember the amount)
6. Lyrica (did not work for me)
7. Neurontin-Gabba Pentin (did nothing for me)-300mg, 2x daily
8. Lortab (5 to 10 mg, 4 to 5 times daily)
9. Oxycontin HCL (30MG up to 4 times per day)
10. Ibuprofun (800 MG up to 4 times per day as well as 2600 mg of tylenol per day and 500 mg of aleve)
12. Imitrex (pills and shots)
13. Maxalt MLT (5 mg)
14. Etodolac 400 MG
15. Percocet (30 mg tablets...up to 120) Nothing works for pain except up to 180 mg of Percocet per day.
16. Oxycodone HCL ER Tablet (20 mg up to 4 or 5 times per day).
17. 222's (Canadian over the counter pain pills. Contains caffeine, codeine and acetametaphine). I would take up to 12 of these per day.
18. Aleve (5-6 per day)
19. Advil (12 per day)
20. Tylenol Extra Strength (up to 6 per day)
21. Naproxen (sp) (up to 4 per day)
22. Ibuprofen (Not sure, but was taking up to at least 12 per day).
23. Excedrin Migraine (6 per day).
Prilosec (20 mg, daily)
Prevacid (20 mg...would take when I felt Prilosec wasn't doing enough)
Plutonix (40 mg, 1x daily)
Pepcid (not sure of mg, taken as needed for acid reflux)
Ru-Tuss (took one tablet daily, twice a day for 10 days)
Avelox (400 mg, once daily)
Claritin (taken everyonce and awhile when allergies were at there worst)
Amoxicillin (875 mg, two tablets daily I believe for 10 days. I was on this 5 or 6 times in a year or less)
Oxycodone (5/325 mg, take one every 4 to 6 hours as needed)
Hydrocortisone (5 mg, up to 4 timer per day, 20 mg's after 17 days, while being on 5 mcg Cytomel)
Cytomel (5 mcg, 1-2 pills 3 times per day=30 mcg)
Prednisone (10 mg, take 3 tablets daily for 10 days)
Taurine (500 mg, taking 3 throughout the day)
Nasonex (10g, 2x per day, 2x in each nostril)
Flonase (50 mcg, not sure how many times per day)
Oxycodone (15 mg, 2 to 4 times daily)
Morphine ER (30 mg, 2 to 3 times per day)
Promethazine (25 mg)
Nexium (40 mg, once per day)
Cephalexin (500 mg, not sure how much per day)
Testosterone Injections (took twice, 1x every two weeks over a one month period)
B12 Injections (1 cc, 6 shots total from 07/13/2007 - 08/16/2007)
Pot Chloride generic for Potassium CHL (10 meq, take one daily for 10 days)
Hydrocodone (5/325 twice daily and sometimes up to 4 per day)
Vicodin (not sure what amount or how often taken)
Lortab (not sure what amount or how often taken)
Vitamin B Complex, Vitamin C, Centrum, Vitamin D (did not take any regularly)
Depo Medrol Injection (I believe 80g, got this year on 06/23/2008. Usually get this or Kenelog once or twice every summer).
Phenergan (20 mg, as needed for nausea)
Etodolac (not sure of mg amount, when or how often taken).
Soma (Not sure of mg amount, when or how often taken).
Valium (Not sure of mg amount, when or how often taken).
Questran (haven't started yet, but supposed to take 1 scoop daily for 1st week, 2 scoops daily after that).
Requip (1 mg at bedtime for restless legs).