Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

neck pain, headache, weakness in arm

I have neck pain at the base of my skull, headaches, and my left arm and hand is weaking (varies in degree of numbness by the hour).  I had an MRI for the neck, and saw a bright white spot in the brain cavity in several shots.  It seemed to be at the botom "corner" and appears to be along the left side.  I had a past back surgery that resulted ub an open CSF leak for 2 weeks.  I also had one head injury that resulted in post-concussion syndrome, but no anamolies were mentioned then (about 4 years ago).  Should I be concerned?

This discussion is related to Headache & Neck Pain.
1 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Is the pain post-op and not controlled by meds and have you informed your surgeon? Have you had tests like an EMG for the weakness?

MRIs can have white spots and black spots - it can depend on the view and weighting. Did you read the report and did you compare it on line to a normal MRI?

I would go see your doc!

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community

Top Cancer Answerers
Northern, NJ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Here are 15 ways to help prevent lung cancer.
New cervical cancer screening guidelines change when and how women should be tested for the disease.
They got it all wrong: Why the PSA test is imperative for saving lives from prostate cancer
Everything you wanted to know about colonoscopy but were afraid to ask
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Get the facts about this disease that affects more than 240,000 men each year.