neck pain, headache, weakness in arm

I have neck pain at the base of my skull, headaches, and my left arm and hand is weaking (varies in degree of numbness by the hour).  I had an MRI for the neck, and saw a bright white spot in the brain cavity in several shots.  It seemed to be at the botom "corner" and appears to be along the left side.  I had a past back surgery that resulted ub an open CSF leak for 2 weeks.  I also had one head injury that resulted in post-concussion syndrome, but no anamolies were mentioned then (about 4 years ago).  Should I be concerned?

This discussion is related to Headache & Neck Pain.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER
Is the pain post-op and not controlled by meds and have you informed your surgeon? Have you had tests like an EMG for the weakness?

MRIs can have white spots and black spots - it can depend on the view and weighting. Did you read the report and did you compare it on line to a normal MRI?

I would go see your doc!

Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Brain/Pituitary Tumors Community