Which indicates breast cancer metastatic to the bone better CT scan or Bone Scan

I had a CT scan and Bone scan done on the same day. The CT scan came back with a ill-defined sclerotic lesion present in the posterior right acetabulum which may reflect Bone Island. My Bone Scan results no scintigraphic evidence of osseous metastatic disease. Do I ignore the findings on the CT scan? I looked up the sclerotic lesions and it did not seem good. My oncologist is saying to go by bone scan but why wouldn't we follow up with the CT scan?
COMMUNITY LEADER
I am not qualified to answer your question from a medical standpoint, but I would be a little apprehensive to not look into the CT scan results also.  maybe get a second opinion?  i know I would.
A sclerotic lesion on CT is indeterminate, possibly representing bone island versus blastic metastasis. If history of cancer such as breast cancer, nuclear medicine whole body bone scan and/or PET/CT can serve as a tiebreaker. Lack of hypermetabolic activity on your bone scan favors benign bone island (or treated bony metastasis).

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer: Stage 1 & 2 Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.