Breast to brain..

My mom was diagnosed with brain mets back in December. The pattern of her breast cancer went from her breast to bones and then to the brain. They were surprised of this because the doc says it's not the normal pattern of breast cancer. BUT then again...beacuse she is HER2 +, they weren't surprised. Anyway..she went for full brain radiation and has had 2 brain scans since then. The tumors were all over her brain with the largest ones being almost 3 cm. The last brain scan showed that all the "small" tumors have shrunk down to nothing. The bigger ones have shrunk down to 1cm. She's been told that there is no cure and that eventually they will come back. How long before they do come back? They have said over and over that because she is HER2+, her cancer is very aggressive and she may be below average. From what I understand, these tumors in her brain can stay dormant for up to 18 months, but with her being below average, what does 18 months really mean?

thank you.
I encourage you to ask the Lord to touch you (Is. 53:4 & 5) says Jesus is our healer.
There is no breast cancer or matastesis in heaven. I just pray that God's kingdom come, God's will be done in your body as it is in heaven. Every good and perfect gift comes from heaven and anything contrary is not from God. He is Love.
Stop prescribing your religious beliefs as some kind of treatment or generic answer for others. It's YOU whom you are soothing with that fantasy stuff. It's offensive to intrude with it here, and it doesn't win any converts; if anything it turns people away, to shove it down our throats just when "God" has apparently let us or our loves ones fall through this "perfect love" net. This is real, so it needs real help. And if God wanted to help, NOT letting us or our loves ones get it in the first place would be nicer than a last-minute save bestowed upon a luckier few.
GetReal2
I don't know what happened to the original post, so here it is, without the weird symbols:

PLEASE, well-meaning but misguided "religious comfort cliche" sharers:  

Stop prescribing your religious beliefs as some kind of treatment or generic answer for others. It's YOU whom you are soothing with that fantasy stuff. It's offensive to intrude with it here, and it doesn't win any converts; if anything it turns people away, to shove it down our throats just when your "God", which may not be everybody's, has apparently let us or our loves ones fall through this supposedly "perfect love" safety net. This is real, so it needs real help. And if God wanted to help, NOT letting us or our loves ones get it in the first place would be nicer and faster than a last-minute save bestowed upon a lucky few. Like most evils in this world.
Thank you for your encouraging words. I understand and believe in what you say. However, I still would like for a doctor to comment on my original post. So...can someone please respond to my post??!!
So, I continue to do research, which is probably the worst thing yet best thing I can do. A little bitter sweet I guess. So far everything I have come across has shown that people with breast cancer who have HER2 where the cancer has spread to the brain is never a good outcome. How does one prepare??
Hi.  Aside from the whole brain radiation, your mom has another option for the treatment of her brain metastases.  Lapatinib (Tykerb) is a new chemotherapy drug which has been shown to have effectivity in treating HER-2 positive breast cancer patients who develop metastases to the brain. You may wish to talk to your mom's doctor about Tykerb to see if this is appropriate for your mom.
Thank you. We've already discussed Tykerb & Herceptin. Right now, from what we understand, these are the only options for her. Her doctor doesn't want to give it to her yet until it is totally necessary. If he gives her these treatments now, he then uses up all his options for a later date when he needs them. Right now, he doesn't "need" them. I guess I just worry because even after Tykerb is used...what next? We sit and wait for the inevitable?? Just sad.