Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
525 Members

Survival Rate

My Mother did not want to know her prognosis so she could give cancer a good fight, however, I want to spend as much time with her as possible.  I know that survival rates are only an estimation and it does not hold true to everyone.  I have included the path report below that will give enough information to gain the scientific data to gain an estimation.  The other websites I have googled are vague in the least.  Her current course of treatment is 4 cycles of A/C and 4 cycles of Taxol biweekly.  She will have 30 radiation sessions after chemo.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Invasive tubulo-lobular carcinoma, well differentiated Grade 1 (slow growing)
Tumore size 5.0 cm

Metastatic Lobular Carcinoma, well differentiated Grade 1 (slow growing)
Tumor size 1.4 cm

Invasive lobular carcinoma, well differentiated Grade 1 (slow growing)
Tumor size .2cm

Clean and clear margins on all nodules
32 nodes examined
29 nodes were positive
Estrogen and progesterone receptors are positive
HER-2/neu over expression 0+

Staging:  pTNM: pT3 N3c Mx
Hi.  I used a software program called Adjuvant Online to calculate your mother's prognosis, using most of the data you've provided.  To be able to perform the calculation, I had to make assumptions on some information you were not able to give.  First, I just assumed that your mother's over 60 years old.  I also assumed that she has average health for her age.  Anyway, here are the estimated prognoses:

10 year survival rate:

If with no chemotherapy/hormonal treatment: 30.1%
     If with hormonal treatment (aromatase inhibitor) alone:  42%
     If with chemotherapy and hormonal treatment:  50.4%

10 year relapse risk:

If with no chemotherapy/hormonal treatment: 12.8% without relapse at 10 years
     If with hormonal treatment (aromatase inhibitor) alone:  37.5% without relapse
     If with chemotherapy and hormonal treatment:  47.7% without relapse
Thanks for responding.  My mother is in average health and she just turned 67 years old.  I checked to adjunt online link and they stated that the breast cancer info was not released.  Perhaps I missed something.  I am also researching more information on her particular stage as, by the ACS there is not much info on stage IIIc breast cancer.  If you have any additional links that you feel would be useful for research, please let me know.

Thanks again for your response.

Can uou talk to her doctor?
I can talk to the doctor, but they will not give the prognosis without her there and she will not listen to it so I am at a loss.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.