Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community
528 Members

differentiating between bone cancer and osteoarthritis

originaaly diagnosed with BC. Now have lung and bone. ct (not micro), PET and CAT scans done. To start radiation (for comfort-stage 4) and concerned that scans can't differentiate between severe osteoporosis and bone cancer and that with radiation will risk spinal fracture if osteoporosis is radiated. Mirco ct scan not available in Canada. Any suggestions or info would be helpful.
I think if I were you I would have this discussion with the Radiation Oncologist .... he/she would have the answers for your concerns, I'm sure. It would take the experience of a seasoned Radiologist to differentiate between the two. Kindest regards ....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.