Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Triple neg bc

My friend was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer.  What is the ususal course of treatment?  What is the survival rate?
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
330974 tn?1215365160
oohh i am so sorry it just doesnt seem to make sense does it? who gets  to stay around a little longer and who goes fast. did she beleive in god and heaven? i am so sorry take care . xo jay
Helpful - 0
My friend died.  She just finished her chemo and was getting ready to start radiation when she was diagnosed with mets to the brain and spine.  She died about 4 weeks later.  So from the time she was originally diagnosed with breast cancer had a lumpectomy to the time she died was 7 months.  She went really quick.
Helpful - 0
330974 tn?1215365160
i am at 3 yrs surviving triple neg stage 3c. i am doing well and have good tests. how is ur friend. jayhorses
Helpful - 0

Understanding Triple Negative Breast Cancer  
It is now commonly understood that breast cancer is not one form of cancer, but many different "subtypes" of cancer.  These subtypes of breast cancer are generally diagnosed based upon the presence, or lack of, three "receptors" known to fuel most breast cancers: estrogen receptors, progesterone receptors and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2). The most successful treatments for breast cancer target these receptors.
Unfortunately, none of these receptors are found in women with triple negative breast cancer. In other words, a triple negative breast cancer diagnosis means that the offending tumor is estrogen receptor-negative, progesterone receptor-negative and HER2-negative, thus giving rise to the name "triple negative breast cancer." On a positive note, this type of breast cancer is typically responsive to chemotherapy. Because of its triple negative status, however, triple negative tumors generally do not respond to receptor targeted treatments. Depending on the stage of its diagnosis, triple negative breast cancer can be particularly aggressive, and more likely to recur than other subtypes of breast cancer.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community

Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.