my mom

My mom has had metastatic breast cancer on her lungs for 3 years, i just dont know what to do or expect. Can ANYONE please please give me ANY info..... Anything i read on line sounds awful, so i would love any input from real human beings PLEASE!?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry to hear that you are having to deal with your mom having such a serious beast cancer.

You didn't mention what tx she is receiving, but I hope it will, at the very least, prolong her life.

My best wishes to you both...
Helpful - 0
MY MOM HAS METASTASIC BREAST CANCER TO HER LUNGS AND BONES AND I ALSO DON'T KNOW WHAT TO EXPECT. THE ONLY THING I CAN SAY IS THAT SHE HAS FAITH THAT SHE IS GOING TO BE CURED, BUT SINCE THE BEGINNING OF HER DIAGNOSIS IN OCTOBER/2009 I WAS TOLD THAT IT WAS ADVANCED BREAST CANCER AND THAT THEY WERE GOING TO PROLONG HER LIFE NOT CURE. I SAID SHE HAS FAITH, WE SHALL WAIT AND SEE.
Helpful - 0
Please see my reply to one of your other posts, in the BC Community Forum.
Helpful - 0
She is Stage IV Breast CA.  It has only spread to the lungs at this point?  Any chemo/radiation treatment at this time?  If so, how is she responding to treatment?  
Yes, I hate to say it, but her chances are 50/50 if she beats this.  Has the physician given her a prognosis?  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer: Stage 3 & 4 Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.