Breast Cancer Community

18 and a breast lump that hurts.

Hi, I'm 18, In my right breast I have a lump less than a inch wide that i noticed in the last few weeks. When I told my mom she said it was nothing to worry about "its just hormones,"  her mind changed when she felt the lump.. The lump hurts, like a sore throb, It hasn't grown or shrunk... Also from the mid rib cage to my right sholder and down to the bottom of my rib cage is a little uncomfortable, this is the same side as the breast lump, ( It feels like pressure, or numbness.)  I will be visiting the doctor Monday, but I'm now worried because of my friends concerns which drew me into having fears, and now I need someones Opinion...  
hi there, i wouldnt worry too much its not likely to be cancer because cancers not normally painful. also at ur age its more likely to be a fibrodema or something benign. it can be related to hormone changes. i think its only like 3% of people under 40 get b cancer. so breathe. x
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.