2nd opinion or wait 6mths

41 YEARS OLD HAD SCREENING MAMMOGRAM A MONTH AGO.  LEFT BREAST HAD SCATTERED FIBROGLANDULAR DENSITIES.  ALSO A 10 MM MASS WITH ILL DEFINED MARGINS.  HAD MAMMOGRAM OF LEFT BREAST WITH ADDITIONAL VIEWS AND LEFT BREAST ULTRASOUND.  ULTRASOUND DID NOT SHOW THE MASS BUT THE MAMMOGRAM DID.  RADIOLOGIST SAID MASS WAS PROBABLY BENIGN AND IT WAS PROBABLY FATTY TISSUE.  FOLLOWUP MAMMOGRAM IN 6 MONTHS.  MY MATERNAL AUNT HAD BREAST CANCER.  SHOULD I WAIT 6 MTHS OR GET A SECOND OPINION?
The only second opinion at this point would be to have your films read by another Radiologist. If this was your first Mammogram then there were no previous studies for comparison. I do see your concern since there is some "distant" family history and a few "probablies" in there too. You might discuss this with your prescribing Physician and see if a 3 month re-check is possible rather than the 6 month. The choice is yours and whichever you feel the most comfortable with.   Regards ....
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.