Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Community
9.42k Members

Abscess under breast

I have an abscess under my breast. It has grown in the same spot about 3 or 4 times before. I went to the doctor and she referred me to get an ultrasound to see how far down it went. They determined that it did not go into my breast tissue. The last time i got it the doctor put me on antibiotics which i felt did nothing since it always heals by itself. Anyway, it is growing back again more painful and bigger then before and i just don't know what to do about it anymore. The surgeon said that i should get the whole area removed since it always grows back in that one spot. But i have heard that if i get it removed then it will grow back somewhere else on my body. Is this true? I don't know if i should go ahead and have it removed or just suffer with it for the rest of my life!
1 Responses
Hi there.

I suggest you go ahead and get it removed. It will not grow back if the all the tissues affected are removed properly. In fact you should have a scan of the area both before and after the removal just to be sure. Recurrence may be there due to a dormant focal point of staph infection. A course of strong antibiotic therapy both before and after would give the finishing touch.

Regards,
Khirodh
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.