Breast Cancer Community

Armpit Lump and Breast Discharge

Last week I found a pingpong sized lump in my right armpit.  The Dr. Scheduled me for a mammogram with ultra sound.  I had this done yesterday.  One film had to be retaken as it appeared to have an issue (right breast).  The Ultra sound of my arm pit took about 2 minutes and she could not find the lump in the ultrasound.  Even though she could feel it and see it.  I didn't feel like this was very thorough.  I was told they could find nothing and to follow up with my Dr. regarding the lump in my armpit.  

Today, I have discharge from the breast that was an issue.  In one small area (the center of the nipple) the discharge is thick brown, then in another area (the right of the nipple) the discharge is rather milky in appearance.  It isn't much.  But, it concerns me.

I know I don't feel right and I am concerned about the lump.  Any advice?
You need to schedule an appointment with your physician about this at the earliest. The nipple discharge will have to be sent for culture and sensitivity to find out whether it is an infective process, and the kind of organism involved and the antibiotics to which it is sensitive. It would also be sent for cytology to see for malignant cells. If required a sterotactic or xray guided biopsy of the lesion can be done to identify the type of lesion and reach a definite diagnosis. Discuss all this in detail with your physician. If it is an infective process you will be given a course of antibiotics and topical application antibacterial , antifungal creams. But all depends on the diagnosis. Goodluck.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.