Breast Cancer Community

Armpit lump

Hi, I experienced 2 small lumps under my left arm about 3 months ago, they have decreased in size and moved closer towards my arm. I recently discovered I have a vaginal infection. I've read many articles about armpit lumps related to cancer and it freaked me out. Does the vaginal infection have anything to do with this? If not, am i on the safe side? Thank you very much.
Any lump under the armpit (axilla) is concerning. It could be something as simple as cysts or infection caused by shaving or use of antiperspirants. These lumps could also indicate swollen lymph nodes that are typically a result of an inflammation or infection somewhere in the body. It’s a good sign that the lumps are getting smaller, but you should be aware that suspicious lymph nodes also present in this area and because of this possibility, it would be best to consult your doctor for proper evaluation.
Best wishes and I hope there is nothing there to worry about.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.