Breast Cancer Community

Aspirated Breast Cyst - inflamed breast

My 32 year old daughter had saline implants, within silicone sleeves four years ago and..has been ill ever since. After two years of being constantly ill (fevers/weakness, arm and leg pain, numbness in arms and legs, dizziness, constant nausea, extreme exhaustion, stomach pain, diarrhea/constipation, extreme breast/nipple pain in one breast, overall muscle pain, eye floaters, eye focusing issues. Not a fun situation and, devastating, financially, after doctor/hospital bills, which are ongoing). As a last resort, she finally had the implants removed two years ago, but, the doctor would only remove the implants and, the capsillations which developed around them. Immediately, some symptoms disappeared. However, one which didn't was the breast pain, in the same breast as before and, a clear nipple discharge.  She's been unable to have a mammogram, due to extreme sensitivity, but, has had sonorgrams. She's been told, repeatedly, there is nerve damage but, she's in pain 24/7 and, is exhausted with this. She's gone to pain management specialists, resulting in addiction to pain meds, and, has gone to a treatment center to purge her body of the pain meds, as they were making her extremely ill. Recently, a cyst was found in the painful breast and, the doctor aspirated it, yesterday. Today, she's in extreme pain, with an enlarged swollen, painful breast, with a yellowish discharge. She called the doctor whose nurse advised her to apply heat and, the fluid removed from the cyst was inflammatory cells. At this point, she's extremely depressed and, almost suicidal.  Does anyone have any suggestions to help her?

Thanking you, in advance. CoCo
Hi there.

What happened is indeed unfortunate.  I believe that the implants that she had before had caused some form of immune reaction within the body, causing all of these systemic symptoms.   The removal of which have really helped but I believe that there are some damage done and still remaining.  

The present situation of breast tenderness and discharge is a sign of an ongoing infection or mastitis.  heat treatment will not resolve this matter.  It is particularly common for breast which has been previously operated on to develop these kinds of infecctions.  A course of antibiotics is warranted upon examination with her doctor.  Severe infections can be dangerous if not treated.

A psychologist/ stress therapist can also help her cope with the problems.  Regards and God bless.
First, thank you for answering. Today, her breast surgeon suggested she see a different plastic surgeon, on the chance the encapsilations (spelling- scar tissue which surrounded the implantion), wasn't removed and, is causing these problems.  As far as immune system disorders - she's been diagnosed with Raynaud's syndrome.  

And....can anything be done to help autoimmune diseases?

CoCo
Oh yes, she's been given several rounds of antibiotics and, also anti-inflammatory medications, with an end result of Candida Albicans, or, an overgrowth of yeast, throughout her body. She's taking probiotics to help with this and, seemed to be improving, until this aspiration.  

Her doctor today suggestged a round of Acylovir (anti-viral) as she recently had Shingles and, this may still be causing some issues. Her stress level is over the top.  I hope she will see a therapist, as I've extremely concerned for her.

CoCo
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.