Breast Cancer Forum

BREAST INFECTION NOT RESPONDING TO ANTIBIOTIC..POSS. SKIN INFECTION

I have been having alot of phisical ailments and can't get good help on this.From the beginning: I have psoriasis and had shots of quartizone placed into each spot.After this the psoriasis had become more inflamed and itchy like never before.Next went to doc for urinary tract infec Antibiotics given.This was all in Aug. then started having low grade fevers.Sept.brings me the flu.aches and pains sinus and cough.After three weeks things cleared up,still felt feverish, aches and pains.Beginning of Oct.Doc finds urinary tract again,some pain in left kidney and left side of bladder.Treated agian.Did not clear up and treated with leviquin.Now My breasts started to hurt and I checked to find a green fluid coming out.Gyno here I come.Staff infection.Now I'm put on Keflex(twice)after inf.would not leave.Spread to both breasts during this time.I can see changes in breasts.The area around the nipple started to crease strangely only in certain areas and very deep indents(when touched or cold)I now remebered at the time that I had the flu I had a rash under the breasts that was hot and very painful.When I touched it it felt like raw nerves.Lasted two day's.Now my breasts are loaded with white little pmples.Still have green fluid and another part of the nipple excreates a thick yellow fluid.Under the skin of the breast there are white spots noticeable when I lift breast.When stimulted some indent and others puf out slightly.Here is the twist.When on antibiotics (breasts) my psoriasis began to clear problem:now I have white spots on legs.1 is the size of silver dollar & indenting.pls help
Dear Dahrma:  Like other areas of the body the skin on the breast is also susceptible to infections/skin problems.   Discuss with your doctor so they can (with benefit of examination and information specific to you), direct you appropriately.  With the complexity of the situation, without  benefit of physical examination, ability to evaluate testing results etc. it is difficult to advise more specifically.
Your response is understandable. Here is a little more info.  The skin on the breast does NOT have staff.  It is on the inside and still has not cleared after many antibiotics.  This last time I was on Keflex 500mg four times a day for 7 day's. This was the third treatment for breasts with antibiotic.  The thing that I am worried about is it still has not cleared.  I no longer am having low grade fevers.  If anything I have been having temps of around 97. I was told that fevers are actually a good thing because it means your body is fighting infection. Is this true?  And, if it is, then what could be causing my body to stop fighting?  I'm getting more concerned about breast cancer.  I read about a disease where it appears as an infection but does not respond to antibiotic treatment and that the breast will start getting an orange peel effect on the skin.  This is what my breast's are starting to look like.  Could this be just because I have an infection within, or, could this be a sign of cancer???  I am going for my first Mamo this monday along with an ultrasound.  What is a Mamo like.  I heard it is herendous!!!  When they put your breast onto this thing..(for lack of a better word..lol) how long til the pic is finished?  How long do they clamp your breast down for?  Sorry for all the questions, just very nervous.  If anyone can give me a little more insight it would be greatly appreciated.  Thanking you in advance.

Dahrma
A mamo is not to bad. They do compress things  (the breast)for 30 seconds or so, maybe, but it is just uncomfortable not really pain. The films are instant. You will be fine.
boninclyde,
Thanks for having responded...I truely appreciate it. I'm hoping I don't chicken out....lol...what you said does not sound as bad as what I was told....Thanks again.. Have a great weekend...I guess I'll know my fate on Monday or Tuesday....I'll post to let you know....Good luck with your own issues..I'm sure you must have something going on to be on here.  I'll put a little prayer in for you.....

Dahrma
Please don't chicken out. It is nothing to have a mamo. You could have just a blocked duct but I would think antibiotics would clear that up. Again please go for mamo. I had right breast masectomy (August 25, 2006) after finding a pea size limp in late july. I think I was very lucky I caught it early. Please let me know Monday how it went. You will be surprised, it doesn't really hurt.

please don't chicken out.
Sorry to butt in, but why did you have a mastectomy after only finding a pea sized lump?  Was it a partial mastectomy?  Was this your choice because of family history or something?
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.