Breast Cancer Forum

Bad Reconstruction

Hi - I had a dx of DCIS Stage 3 last year and because of father dying of breast cancer and so much other cancers in the family it was recommended that I have a bi-lateral mastectomy which I did and have no regrets about.  However the plastic surgeon that I selected to do the reconstruction, although a great guy, was going to place the final silicone implants through the areola site and do a "purse string closure".  I had agreed to a graft for the areola to help cover /hide the incisions with the hope that the breasts would look unscarred.  OK now come forward in time to when I awoke the plastic surgeon "forgot" (even though we had had  a discussion right before surgery I was put out) about the purse string and so placed the graft ontop of the mastectomy incision and inserted the implants through a new incision under the breasts.  So I have now three very apparent incisions on each breast!  My question is can I have another ps start over and remove the implants and have him/her redo the area around the areola and pull in the scars? is that possible or am I now forever to look in the mirror and see three scars on each breast?   Not to mention the fact that I will be out the 15K to have this redone how can this happen!!  He came well recommended by the local PCP's and he was the fourth plastic surgeon I interviewed.
Dear Marian299, You would need to talk with your plastic surgeon or new plastic surgeon regarding possibilities for what can be done.  

Breast Reconstruction replace with "I had dx of DCIS Stage 0 Grade 3..."  sorry for the error.
I was asking if this type of procedure is POSSIBLE BEFORE I visit a plastic surgeon.. I didn't want to be disappointed again if that isn't even possible..  boy this was so not helpful!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.