Breast Cancer Community

Branded like a cow

I also had the chip put in during my biopsy today.  They did not tell me about it until just after they inserted it.  I do not like the idea of a foreign body implanted in me.  I do not care about the lame arguments for having it.  I am not some endangered whale about to go extinct. If they want to know where my biopsy was they could just ask me.  I will tell them.  They could also give me a laminated card with a map of my breast to diagram the area.  I could keep it in my wallet and give to the radiologist every year.  In other words, putting foreign objects in soft tissue unnecessarily is not good in my book.  I'm really mad.  Some people on here think it is no big deal.  However some people are sensitive and cautious about there bodies.  People say it is okay to put titanium in your body but also might say Nicotine, pesticides, antidepressants, sulfates, Propylene glycol, Formaldehyde, Red 40 and a bunch of other stuff is okay too.  I know the chip is not about to kill me but some of us strive for optimal health.  I would have had 36 CC breast implants if I wanted something implanted in my breast.  

This discussion is related to Suspicious of titanium chip.
I understand your frustration, although I never had the clip inserted into my breast. The least they could have done is asked you/told you, ahead of time, with what I believe I right to refuse.

The insertion, I believe, is for them, and I am not sure if it is really needed.

In my case, and everyone else's case, they tattood the borders where I  had radiation, in order to make sure that it's never done again no matter what hospital I go to. I was also not asked about this but told about it, and I was told this was just absolutely important to do and which I can accept. Of course tint tattoos is different from a chip/clip.

My point is, and not knowing much if anything about why this is done, I  do have empathy for your anger and uneasiness.

Sorry you had this bad experience. It may bot be for all, but I know it is for you.  Take care, Katrin
I had biopsies of both breasts two days ago.  Titanium chips were placed in both breasts.  The left breast is healing well with no swelling, only a bruise.  It has left the right breast/areola swollen & painful and the nipple is now completely flat but I called the office earlier today and was told that this would be normal due to where the biopsy was taken.  A few hours ago, I began developing a very itchy rash that is on both breasts, far worse on the right, and is now spreading up my chest, under my arm and around my back on both sides.  Obviously, it's too late to go to the doctor and although the itching is driving me insane, I don't feel it warrants an ER visit just yet.  Has anyone else had this problem after a breast biopsy?  I've read online about possible allergic reactions to the titanium but could I be having a reaction to the local anesthetic athough I would think I would have developed the rash long before 2 1/2 days later?  I'm a little worried about this.
I  would take some Beadryl and call the doctor's place in the morning. Kat
If the biopsy came back cancer and they did chemo 1st and you responded, you would need only a small lumpectomy. No chip to tell where the cancer used to be = masectomy. Personally I'd rather go with the small lumpectomy. They have refined chemo to the point of the tumors disappering.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.