Breast Cancer Forum

Breast Biopsy

I know that there is 4 typys of Biopsy, 1 Fine Needle, 2 Core Biopsy, 3 Incisional Biopsy and 4 Excisional Biopsy. I have a lump on my left breast and our family dr tried the Fine needle but could not drain the lump. He sent me to a surgeon to do a Excisional Biopsy which will be done Monday.
My question is this normal? Could they wait till the results came back from the Fine needle Biopsy before the Excisional Biopsy was done? This has all happen with in 2 weeks.

Grandma Sue
Please see answer to "breast Lumps"
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.