Breast Cancer Community

Breast Cancer

I am a 46 yr old male with a family history of lung cancer and breast cancer. I have recently noticed that my right nipple has been sore, to the touch on several occasions. The soreness is not in the nipple itself, but appears to be sore behind the nipple. Could this be a sign of breast cancer.
Although Gynecomastia is most common during puberty, your hormones constantly change off and on throughout your adult life as well.
Since you are older,I could only guess that it may be an infection or a cyst which can happen in men as well as women.This is particularly the case if there is a lump, palpable or not, under the nipple or any discharge.Male breast cancer is very rare,but if you have a family history,you should pursue this with your doctor who may order some tests to eliminate any serious causes of the pain and to give you peace of mind.
Take care and best wishes...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.