Breast Cancer Forum

Breast Check

Hi, I am only 19 years ago, is it possible that I can get breast cancer? Also, how do you check the breat for cancer? I have read it somewhere that you gotta touch the breast and feel if there's any hard piece thingy in it, and if it does then it's most likey you got cancer, is it true? Also, how does the "hard pieces" actually feels? I have been checking my breast when I was very young (maybe 10 years old) and there's always something kinda hard in both of my breast. sometimes it seems it gets bigger and sometimes I would feel it's smaller or sometimes it may even disappeared. I am so confused, and today when I check it it seems that the piece on my right is bigger the one on left. But the poisition of them are kinda different. Do you think you can give me any idea what those "pieces" are?

thanks!
Dear Wan, Our breasts are made up of ducts, lobes and fat.  Under the breasts are muscles and ribs.  These normal features may make the breasts feel
I am 14 years old and I began checking my breasts for signs of illness a few years ago when someone that I know told me that even young people could get Breast Cancer.  Although I was checking myself, I didn't know exactly what I was looking for.  Could you help me?  Thanks

-Cannicristy
Dear Cannicristy,
Your question is a good one but you need to post as a new question not as a comment to someone else's question. Go back into the main forum page and click on the Post a Question button.

Regards,
Phil
Med Help Intl.

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.