Breast Cancer Community

Breast Lump Biopsy

I went in for a breast biopsy this morning, on a lump that I have had for some tme. I had reduction surgery 7 years ago, and one breast had more problems, lots of debreeding, etc. The lump is in that area, and I always assumed it was scar tissue. When the surgeon came in this morning, he said he was comfortable enough with telling me I didn't need the biopsy, from the mammo (which he showed me), he said it does not look like cancer, he said I could come back in 6 months, and have a mammo. I ended up having him do the biopsy, just in case. He also said past mammos by other drs indicated lots of fat necrosis. I am so relieved, but still have that little bit of doubt...would he have told me I didn't need it, if he wasn't 100% sure? I had surgery when I was 33, I am now 40. Thank You
Hi and welcome to our community!

Since your mammograms haven't looked suspicious, it probably would have been fine to just keep checking it on a regular basis.

But on the other hand, the only way to be 100% certain is through biopsy, and my tendency is always to err on the side of caution, rather than take the risk of missing something that might unexpectedly be of more concern...

Please keep us posted, by adding an additional comment to this same thread, regarding how things turn out.

Wishing you all the best,
bluebutterfly
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.