Breast Cancer Community

Breast Lump

I have had a lump on the top of my right breast. It was there a couple of months ago and it can move back and forht when you touch it. Is this worrysome? When i touch it it hurts my lower back and sort of takes my breath away. It has gotten very sore this month while i have has my period. What should i do? What do you think it is? It is only in the right breast on the top about 3-4 inches from my neck.

Also, i have heard of somthing called a build up or somthing that can do that in the breast what is that exactly and could that be it.
I am sorry I can't answer your question as a medic - on this part of the forum we are just people with breast cancer as I have, or people who are worried about it.. Your lump could be a symptom of your normal monthly menstrual cycle, a simple fibroadenoma, or a cyst, none of which are malignant, but you need to see a doctor and get it checked out.  You don't mess with a lump in your breast! don't know if you have read Lee Child's books, but he has a character called Jack Reacher, an ex Army military policeman, and his favourite phrase was: "You don't mess with the Special services", and I  believe you don't mess around with lumps in your breast You need to get it properly diagnosed, just for peace of mind. If it is a problem you can then go on to address it and get appropriate treatment.
Take care - and go see a doctor!

Love, Liz.
You could be having a fibroadenoma, which seems most likely as it alters in relation to your menstrual period. It could also be a cystic lesion. But for a confirmed diagnosis a clinical evaluation by a physician would be required. The further management would depend on the diagnosis. Have you noticed any discharge? Try some hot compressus and breast massage and OTC painkillers till you schedule an appointment with your physician. Also ask your physician if a mammogram is required. Goodluck.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.