Breast Cancer Community

Breast Lump

I am 21 years old and I just had my first son february 15, 2009 but this is my second pregnancy. I had breast feed him for two weeks after he was born. Well yesterday I was checking my breast and there is an lump on the right breast by my nipple more on the left side. It was not there the day before or any other day and it is a little tender and it feels bigger than a marble. I wanted to know your opinion on what it could be?
It's almost impossible to diagnose over the internet without benefit of examination but from your description this might be a problem with one of the milk ducts. I'm not sure why you chose to only breastfeed for 2 weeks but milk ducts can become clogged if the breast is not emptied completely when nursing. I would advise you to ck. with your OB/GYN for an exam and possible solution to your problem. Regards .....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.