Breast Cancer Forum

Breast abscess

I am 42 year-old, I had a cyst near the nipple of my right breast and was aspirated after making a mamo and ultrasound and was diagnosed by the pathologist as an abscess.  I was on antibiotic for 10 days. The lump almost disappeared but pain persisted and became sometimes stronger specially around the nipple. I went yesterday to the doctor again and made another ultrasound and he told me that there is a scar tissue left and I have to wait 2 months for a follow-up by an ultrasound. Do I have to live with all this pain until the next ultrasound? what else can I do?
Thank you in advance for any information I will get.
Dear Donia:  You should let your doctor know how much discomfort you are in.  If its severe, he/she may prescribe some pain medication.  Of course, if you are not satisfied with this approach, you might consider another opinion from a breast specialist.
presumably you've been on antibiotics? Sometimes and abscess will persist and need surgical drainage.
hi my husband has swelling and pain in his left nipple he cant touch it because it hurts so much but he refuses to see a dr and im worried that it could be serious can men have breast cancer  thanks elie.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.