Breast Cancer Community

Breast lump

I can find all kids of comments about breast lumps for women in their reproductive years, but none for menopausal women. I have a very sore protruding breast lump at the base line of my left breast, that started out feeling very much like a fyst(sorry do not know the correct spelling) but now it has grow much larger in the last week, does not feel mobile like before and is very sore. Any thoughts?
Hi there,lumps can occur to young women and to older ones too.Many menopausal women with breast problems have posted in this forum (including me) and received good advice and comments about their situations.As you know,pain is almost never associated with breast cancer.The lump you have, could be a Cyst or an abscess since both of  them can cause much pain.Have you shown this lump to your doctor? if not,I urge you to go and have the lump checked out.It could be an infection and you need an antibiotic for that.Best wishes.
yes, get it checked out for sure, and soon. that is what I would do.
PS: just your age and the fact that you are a woman puts you at risk for breast cancer, even if it is something else. but from what you describe, even if it's something else, it sounds like a very good reason to me to see a doctor right away.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.