Breast Cancer Community

Breast pain

I'm 17 years old i have a pain in my left breast its like if i had a bruise when i apply pressure and wheni lift my boob up when i dont have a bra. even when i do have a bra on the pain still goes when i touch it if i touch my right breast a certain way my left one hurts . Breast Cancer does run in my family. Sometimes it knocks the wind out of me not because it hurts so much idk why it does.
I don't think that the pain in your breast,has anything to do with breast cancer.
This could be related to the hormonal fluctuation with respect to your menstrual cycle.
When you do your SBE (Self Breast Exam) and you don't notice anything abnormal like a breast lump, skin changes or nipple discharge, etc...then pain in one or both breasts can be due to many benign causes,(including pregnancy) and it's almost never associated with breast cancer.Breast infection,oral contraceptive pills,injury to a muscle,pinched nerve or tight clothing could cause similar pain.
You could take some over the counter pain relief medications.Try some warm compresses,gentle breast massage with a mild lotion and see if it helps with your symptoms. Avoiding foods and beverages containing caffeine, such as coffee, tea, chocolate and soft drinks, can decrease water retention and may help to alleviate the discomfort
If the pain still persists, you would need to see your doctor for a detailed clinical examination to find out the cause of your breast pain.okay?.
Best wishes and I hope you feel better soon.....  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.