Breast Cancer Community

Breast pain

I was wondering if having breast pain is normal they have been hurting for a month now and there are a few bumps on the outside of my nipple that have never been there before up until a month ago. it runs in both sides of my family to have breast cancer what should I do?

What is your age? What other symptoms are you having?

Usually an infective process like mastitis; or trauma to the site or breast abscess or cystic disease of the breast are painful lesions.

You could have pain in your breast associated with hormonal changes linked to your menstrual cycle .

You could try some OTC pain relief medications, warm compresses and see if it helps with your symptoms.

Just follow up with your physician for a detailed clinical evaluation and that should put your mind at ease.

I think you should go ahead with an ultrasound or mammogram if your physician advises, so that a confirmed diagnosed can be got.

Let us know about how you are doing and if you have any other doubts.

Regards.
Thank you I know it is not because of my menstrual cycle they have been like this for over a month now. the tiny lumps are right by my left nipple they don't hurt but they have not gone away and they are now on my nipple also.I have pain under my right arm pit what could it be?

What is your age?

Have you tried OTC pain relief medications, warm compresses and has it helped with your symptoms.

Just follow up with your physician for a detailed clinical evaluation and that should help in reaching a confirmed diagnosis.

Regards.

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.