Breast Cancer Community

Burning pain after steriotoptic biopsey for a month

Can't understand why they don't believe my pain. It goes from the nipple through left breast under the arm. thats the side the biopsey is on. looking for answers What can i do?
If the incision site has healed well and there is no sign of infection,then
it's not unusual to feel pain after a stereotactic breast biopsy.
It's hard to predict how long the pain will last... When it's due to nerve irritation during the biopsy procedure it can take several weeks and sometimes even months for the pain to subside, but it should slowly improve along that time line.
You could apply some warm compresses, gently massage your breast with a mild lotion,wear a good supportive bra and try not to lift heavy things.You could also take some OTC pain killers,like Tylenol to help ease the pain.
However if your pain persists or becomes worse, you may ask to be referred to a breast specialist or pain management specialist to do a work up and try to sort out the cause of the pain and make appropriate treatment recommendations.
Hoping that soon you'll feel much better..
Best wishes...
Breast Imaging center said nothing wrong. Pain was so bad I went to my primary..He was out so I saw a woman Dr. She gave me antibiotics and percocet. Sain I had an infection..A week has gone by..pain less but still have it if I don't take the percocet.  What next??
Hi again,
Well I am glad that nothing wrong was detected in your breast,except for the infection that would certainly cause the pain you are describing.
It's a good sign though that the pain has lessened,I would give it a few more days (after you have taken all the antibiotics) for the medicine to complete its work and kill the infection.
If the pain still persists,then revisit your doctor who may prescribe a different kind of antibiotics that will eventually cure the infection and relieve your pain symptoms.
Take care....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.