Breast Cancer Forum

Burning pain in breast

For the past week I have noticed a burning sensation in my right breast. It starts directly under my armpit on the side of my breast. There is no noticible lump, depression, color or hardening, but I have a lot of breast cysts and cancer on both sides of my family so I am scared to death. I am only 28, have large breasts and am overweight. It's not exactly pain..more of a burning sensation that I noticed upon waking but now feel sometimes through out the day. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Dear Purpleraes:  Breast cancer is not usually painful. Other women with histories of cysts have written describing burning pain.  I don't know if there is a relationship.  In any case, it may be worth while to see a breast specialist to determine the cause and treat your pain.
Please  don't  panic!   29  years  ago  I  had a  Burning  pain  in  my right  breast  and  had  a  surgical  biopsy.  It  was  a  cyst  which  my  ob-gyn  thought  was  the  problem  to  begin  with  but  I  also  had  a   hysterectomy  for  carcinoma  in  situ  so the  biopsy  was  neccessary.  Don't  overreact  like  I  did.  Burning  normally  is  a  good  symptom  for  a  benign  diagnosis.  Lots  of  luck!  Jjoni
I AM A TEENAGER AND HAVE BAD BURNINGS IN MY BREAST FOR A MONTH!WHAT DO I DO? WHAT IS IT? COULD IT BE CANCER
A related discussion, Breast Pain was started.
A related discussion, My Breast has a burning sensation was started.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.