Breast Cancer Forum

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I just got my mamagram magnification view report " extensive cluster of microcalcification at the superior mdeial right breasts demonstrate suspicious pwodery appreance and right biopsy is recommended"; also the left side" relatively punctate appearance to the scattered microcalcification mostly compatible with dystrophic, benigh process. However, given the nature of right side, random stereotactic needle sampling in the region is also needed to consider."

I am very anxious now, i don't have any family history and my breast side is considered small. I don't know how this happened? what should i do now? do i choice not to remove my right breast? it is really awful ....what's difference between biopsy and stereotactic needle?

My family doctor is referring me to surgeon to get biopsy done. I am waiting and very scared! help me!!
Dear whyme00:   A stereotactic biopsy uses mammogram or ultrasound to identify the area that needs to be biopsied to be certain that the needle is sampling the correct area.  The breast surgeon will be able to explain exactly what needs to be done and how you will get results.  The results of the biopsy will help to determine the options for next steps.
Sterotactic biopsy is a xray or sonogram assisted proceedure to be sure the needle used for biopsy is accurately placed prior to taking biopsy samples.  I have one being done tomorrow for a suspicious area.  My breast surgeon referred me.   It is scarey playing the waiting game  as our minds tend to go all over from *its nothing* to *i'm dying*.   Try to remain calm until you have all the facts.   Best wished for your proceedure!   Vicki
Thanks Vicki. I really appreciate it! I certainly feel for you and the wait is not easy. I just got the phone call from doc regarding the reports today, and it is a very difficult day for me. Seemly my mind is not functioning very well.....

I wish you good luck tomorrow and hope you are fine. please do let me know your result.

Lynn
Thanks Lynn.  I was told it will take about 10 working days to get results....It will seem like forever!  This process of test and wait is grueling.  

Will be thinking of you too, as you go through the process.

Vicki
wow, 10 days, it does seem to take forever.....is it possible that you can call them and push them to get the result?

I was advised that diopsys shouldn't be done too early( below 40, I am 36), which may cause difficulties for later mamagram chek up and caner may hide and grown udner the Scars. I don't know if i should consider myself lucky to find it early or not? or shal i go for the second oppions?

Do you get the same dignose as mine? " clusters of microcalcification", which means calcium deposits. Do you know if i need to change my diet?  because everyday i drink milk and take it extra calcium. Thx!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow, hope everything is fine tomorrow!

Lynn
no, they found a suspicious area on my screening mammo and diagnostic and ultrasound haven't cleared up the picture.  The concern is invasive lobular carcinoma.  Not always easy to assess on film.  Biopsy is to get a better picture and diagnostic.If they can't locate it  for biopsy then the next step is to go down to UCLA for a research diagnostic.  I don't have microcalcifications, just other indications that need to be cleared up.. I think they say 10 days in case they need to consult with other doctors/labs.  Perhaps if its nothing I'll hear sooner??  
Vicki
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.