Cortisone Injection

I have been having trouble with my left shoulder 7 months on from my mastectomy on my right breast. Pain when doing up my bra or reaching backwards. I can only think it is because I have used my left shoulder much more since the mastectomy. It is not a frozen shoulder but the orthopaedic surgeon wants to give me a cortisone injection. Is this safe to have. Thank you.
Absolutely .... these injections can do wonders for this type of condition.   Regards ....
If it were me I'd have my doctor prescribe physical therapy for me and to a therapist who specializes in breast cancer/mastectomy and lymphedema patients. I'm not a fan of needles though that will do the job, temporarily. Long term? I'd choose therapy since I believe you use it or lose it.

Best wishes

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.