I was diagnosed with DCIS in November. The pathology report - low grade, cribriform and micropapillary types, two foci, 5mm and 4mm in greatest dimension respectively, each foci of DCIS is separated by 1mm from cauterized and closest deep margin , no invasive carcinoma present, megaive for lymphatic and vascular invasion, radial sclerosing lesion with atypical duct hyperplasia not present in the previous biopsy site. Focal apocrine metaplasia, papillary and cystic. I had 34 radiation treatments. Now the medical oncologist is recommending tamoxifen. I am questioning if I need to do this. The risk factors are significant and to me it seems like I am just trading one risk for another. Would it be foolish to refuse?
Copyright 1994-2018MedHelp.All rights reserved. MedHelp is a division of Vitals Consumer Services, LLC.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. MedHelp is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.