Breast Cancer Community

Fat necrosis

I was wearing a certain strapless bra to look good in a certain dress... at the end of the evening i had taken the bra off and didn't realize how painful it was.  the wires really dug into my breasts and it was too tight.
a couple of days later, i noticed that my left breast was a bit sore and assumed it was bruised from the bra and didn't give it much thought.  before i realized it, two weeks had gone by and i still had the pain down the bottom of my entire breast (soreness/tenderness) and my breast was beginning to appear slightly larger.  i couldn't find any lumps and phoned my doctor, who prescribed some anti-estrogen herbs because she knew i prefer alternative medicine.
the pain got better and was almost gone in about a week, but quickly returned and my breast in now noticabely larger.
the dr. didn't feel anything either at my exam and sent me to get a mammogram and ultrasound, which i am scheduled to have.  in the meantime, could this pain be caused by the wires of my bra in just one breast?  could this be Fat Necrosis?

This discussion is related to Fat Necrosis.
Hi.

What happened the first time may indeed come from the wires of the bra but this should have already completely resolved by now.  These new symptoms may have a different cause or etiology and I would agree with your doctor in doing a mammogram or an ultrasound to look for anything suspicious.

Other possible causes for this are hormonal changes that can effect an unusual breast reaction, or a possible infection or mastitis that can be treated with a course of antibiotics.

Regards.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.