Grape sized movable lump

Hi, I know any lump needs to be evaluated by a doctor and I'm currently waiting for an appt. but just wanted to get some thoughts on my issue-

I have a grape sized hard but movable lump (it can be pushed around when I touch it and moves with my breast depending on position). I have dense lumpy breast tissue to begin with and a long family history of breast cancer ( though all the women were in their 60s and 70s and I'm in my 30s) genetic testing did not flag me as a BRCA carrier but I also did a general 23 and me test so it's not conclusive and does not test every BRCA gene.

I did a home breast exam and with my hand above my head found this hard grape sized lump directly above my right nipple. When I lay down it moves to the side of my breast- it's not rock hard but it's harder than the rest of my tissue- no nipple discharge dimpling or pain. I'm ovulating and 2 weeks from my period- I do home exams every 2ish months and this is the first time I noticed it. I had a mamagram 1 year ago that was fully clear. Anyone have any insight? Does this sound cancerous?

You are reading content posted in the Breast Cancer Community

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.