Breast Cancer Community

Hard lump in muscle under armpit

I am worrying about the hard lump in muscle under armpit.  thumping pain in my right hand, arm, neck and jaws. Tingle and feel tight in my hand  and fingers. Headache and fever.. feeling hot at nights... Please tell me if anyone got this similar systoms..I am seeing the doctor tomorrow.  I am scared..

What is your age? Do you notice any abnormal features on breast self examination like a lump, nipple discharge or skin changes etc?

The pain could be due to trauma, injury, tight clothes, bad posture, lifting heavy weights, infections of the lymph nodes etc.

Tuberculosis or any other bacterial infection also needs to be ruled out.

You could try some warm compresses and oral pain relief medications and see if it helps with your symptoms.

If the pain still persists, it would be best to consult your doctor about this.

Let us know how you are doing and what your doctor advises.

Post us if you have any other doubts.
Hi!

I am 35 years old. Sorry didnt get to see your message until now... I went to the doctor last week and she said it's muscle. She didnt check the breast examination.  All she said its virus and will be gone by next week or so!! But I did check breast examination myself.. Only swollen lump (muscle) under armpit and no lumps around my breasts, just sore breast.  Also I got tiny swollen on right side rib and tiny lump behind my left ear.. I didnt notice before.. unitl 2 days ago!!  I find my rib very uncomfortable and sore.. everyday I checked my temp its always around at 38c. So I guess its must be virus...The doctor said if the lump still there, come back in few weeks times.. I hope its only virus..

Thank u

Brenda

How are you doing now?

Have you tried some warm compresses and oral pain relief medications and has it helped with your symptoms?

Review with your doctor if the lump persists.

Post us if you have any other doubts.

Regards.

Hi!

I am not too bad now.

Yes I have tried warm compresses and the tablets for pain relief.. Its does help for a little while..

I checked the swell muscule under my armpit.. Its feel like bone, not muscle.. like a tiny ball if I press hard and feel it.  when i exercise I find uncomfortable bec felt that its abit bigger than another armpit... sometimes sore or not!!  

I havent went to the doctor yet if its still there!!  I would be embrassing if she say no, its only muscle.. What would u advise me if its still there and what would i say to the doctor..

Thank u

Brenda

It is about getting a confirmed diagnosis and and most importantly about clearing all your doubts. You have to be convinced and also get the right treatment.

Do not worry, and you should not be embarrassed at all. It would be best to discuss with your doctor about what you feel , and see what the doctor advises next. You could ask about getting a mammogram, ultrasound and xray done.

Let us know about how you are doing and do schedule an appointment if the swelling persists.

Keep us posted.

Regards.
Hi!

I did book an appointment to see the doctor  for this thursday.  I still got swell under my armpit.. and i feel my neck is heavy and abit swell at the back neck. headaches all the times.. feeling very tired... so tired..  try not to sleep during the day... its hard that i have 2 kids to cope and stay fight it.. i am feeling very down at the moment...I thought maybe i could get an underactive thyroid.. I did got an overactive thyroid once 3 years ago.. I hope the doctor will get do something about me to find out what went wrong with me...I will let u know on thursday after seeing the doctor.. ok...thank u for your times...
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.