Breast Cancer Community

High ferritin during chemo in a Lupus patient

I am receiving chemo for breast cancer and I also have Lupus. Today I had a high Ferritin lab and I understand Ferritin is tricky and can mean a lot of things. It can mean inflammation which could mean the treatment isn't working and the tumor is growing. But since I have Lupus it could mean the lupus meds are it working.

This discussion is related to about high ferritin levels.
I am not sure about what you are asking here and I have no idea what to tell you .All I can say is that increased Ferritin levels can be due to many causes and this problem,including your autoimmune disease (Lupus)should be discussed with your Oncologist who is your best source of information.
Take care…
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.