Hip Pain

22 months ago, I had stage one cancer and a lumpectomy.  Lymph nodes were clean and was able to have mammosite instead of radiation therapy for 6 weeks.  Recently, my left hip is hurting when I move and for the past few months is not getting better.  I am taking arimadex and wondering if the pain is possibly from the arimadex or should I schedule a bone scan immediately.  I appreciate your response.  
Hi.  I think you should have a bone scan scheduled at the soonest possible time, if only to rule out the possibility of bone metastases. It is possible that the hip pain is due to a worsening of  existing osteoporosis, brought about by the Arimidex intake.  But the more urgent need at this point is to investigate the possibility of cancer recurrence.  So consult with your oncologist and have the scan done soon.
Breast cancer is known to metastasize to the bones. Get a bone scan and serum calcium levels done. Also get x ray pelvis to rule out other causes of hip pain. Also ask your doctor for calcium supplements.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.