Breast Cancer Community

Hormone therapy after Lcis

I previously had a breast reduction in 8/99, in which they found Lcis in my right breast. Now almost 10 years later. I'm starting perimenapausal.  My doctor has sugessted  a low dose birth control for a short time to help ease this transition (mostly hot flashes and mood swings), I would like to know if this a viable option for me, and to this date all my mamograms have been fine.  I don't want to tempt fate, but these hot flashes are very hard to deal with on a constant basis.  Thanks ckennon
HRT isn't recommended much these days due to the fact that it has been proven that it is a factor in developing breast cancer. When it is recommended it is for the shortest time possible and at a very low dose. From your post your Physician is quite aware and following protocol. I see no reason why you can't follow his recommendation for a short transition time.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.