Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Hot Flashes

I was taken off Bellergal and put on Medroxyprogesterone 10mg.My question is I have terrible hot flashes.I'm on Tamoxifen and Had a hysterectomy.How do I know 10mg is enough.I had the same trouble with Hormal replacement. It took another doc. to recommend a high doseage that help a lot. I can't have estrogen.Is 10mg enough...And if it's upgraged what are the mg's..thankyou..
1 Responses
Dear mjay, I did some checking regarding dosing of medroxyprogesterone for treatment of hot flashes.  After some amount of investigation the information was that 10mg pill daily was the recommended dose.  The idea being to use the lowest amount of the medication to take care of the symptom.  You should know that the resources quoting the studies of its use for treatment of hot flashes are from 1980 and 1981 journals.  There could be more up to date findings but I did not come across any.

Current indications for the use of Medroxyprogesterone are secondary amenorrhea, abnormal uterine bleeding, as treatment of uterine cancer or kidney cancer when used in much higher doses.
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.