Breast Cancer Community
9.45k Members
Avatar universal

I am a man, and I have about a B cup breast only on the right side

Im 22, and i've had this breast since puberty. I went to the doctor when I was about 14 and he said its nothing to worry about, it should go away by the time i'm 18. well, it didnt, And i fear it is getting larger. I heard that the surgery to have it removed is very risy and costly. If anyone can help me with this situation, please contact me at funkalicious_Drummer***@****
Thanks for reading
1 Responses
Avatar universal

Your situation is indeed unusual since the breast tissues in a male are normally underdeveloped.  This unilateral breast enlargement may be an accumulation of fat tissues, or indeed abnormal proliferation of breast tissues.  This can be surgically removed but if there is no medical consequence, most would just opt to observe.

You may also discuss with your doctors regarding ruling out liver problems that can cause excessive estrogen accumulation leading to this enlargement of the male mammary gland.

Regards and God bless.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.