Breast Cancer Forum

I am going through puberty and my nipples are large. What do i do?

I am a male who has a lean body but my nipples stick out a little, it gets embarassing. I am in the stage of puberty but was wondering if there was a way to lessen my nipples so they do not have a large lump behind them.
Dear gzski, In some males because of the hormonal changes associated with puberty they may develop more breast tissue, a condition called gynecomastia.  This condition usually resolves on its own over time, about 18 months.  If it doesn't it can easily be helped through surgery.  If you have concerns as to whether or not changes you are experiencing are normal, you may want to discuss your concerns with a health care professional, at school, or during school physical.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.