Breast Cancer Community

Implant Distortion with rash and swollen lymph node

I am 40 years old and have had saline implants for nearly 5 years.  I have had a swollen lymph node under my right axilla for a year. In the last 2 or 3 months I have gotten 5 very red rashes on my right breast and under the breast. The rash goes away within a few hours.  I have had an annoying cough for the past year or so too that never seems to clear.  I have occassional stabbing pains and electric shock feeling pains in the right breast.  My right implant severly pushes out ot one side with the slightest flexion. While doing yoga yesterday I got severe pain in the breast. I don't currently have swelling, nipple discharge or anything. I have had a CT scan of my chest but it didn't show anything in chest or breast but it is my understanding that an MRI or biopsy is needed to see more. I see a breast specialist ARNP tomorrow in Seattle to check for IBC or capsular contracture. Any thoughts?
Some of your symptoms I think are concerning and no doubt distressing for you as you have already pointed out.
My instinct is towards the implant having ruptured.  There has been a lot of information in the media recently about supposedly healthy implants containing all sorts of toxic materials and waste products.  A lot of women have been left severely sick due to them.

I honestly don't know.  I hope it isn't cancer or anythng to do with leaky implants.

Good luck for your appointment.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.