Breast Cancer Forum

Large, painful breast lump that is growing fast

I just had a baby on May 27th and I have been breastfeeding. I noticed a small lump in my right breast in the upper left side. It was about the size of a grape around June 18th. Since then it has been increasingly painful and is now about the size of a plum. It is very hard and it no longer moves when I push it. I have tried everything for it if it was a plugged duct but nothing has worked. I went to the doctor and she said it probably wasn't a plugged duct and she has scheduled me for a ultrasound next week but I was hoping to get some ideas on what it is before that. Thank you.
Dear RachL777, Without further evaluation including physical examination it is impossible to say what this is for sure.  Following through with the evaluation as suggested by your doctor is recommended.

A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.