Breast Cancer Forum

Large lump in my breast

I've found a rather large lump in my right breast -- spherical, about the size of an in-shell walnut.  Poking at it is painful, and some movements & positions make it very noticeable. Oddly, about a week ago, I had smaller lump in my right armpit, about the diameter of a dime.  That went away in less than a week.  This is totally new to me -- I've never had any lumps, bumps or swelling before.

I have been takling bioidentical hormones for several years under the care of a natropath.  Can you advise on what type of  health care provider to see to follow up on the lump -- is this something a natropath could help with?
Dear christine1975:  There are many possible explanations for a painful lump but the general rule of thumb in the setting of a new lump is that it needs to be investigated.  You could see your primary care doctor, your gynecologist or a medical breast specialist (these are usually affilitated with large academic medical centers).  This is not something a naturopath would do.  FYI:  Whether the hormones are bioidentical or synthetic or from plants - they are still hormones and when taking them, benefits should outweigh risks.  
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.