Aa
A
A
A
Close
Breast Cancer Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Left Breast Pain

I have pain in the left breast and the left shoulder blade area.  I have to hear what is said about "did I injure myself".  However, I have had some breast pain in the past and have found it associated with weight gain.  It seams my breasts are fuller and the pain may be associated with that.  Just an idea and want to know if the same correlation is found in others.  Thanks.
1 Responses
242527 tn?1292452740
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Dear donnaberland:  Benign breast pain is extremely common and has many causes.  Most breast cancer is not painful.  As our specialty is breast cancer, we have no particular expertise in benign breast pain and so would not be aware of a correlation such as the one you mention.
Popular Resources
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.