Breast Cancer Community

Lump Under Nipple [Male]

Hello MedHelp, I'm kinda concerned about my nipple. I'm a guy (14 Years Old) and have a lump under my left nipple. I'm kinda concerned because I have asked my parents and they said they didn't have it. Also, I don't know if this is a coincidence but I can push on both of my nipples and a clear liquid comes out. Not that much, just enough to see in the light. Please help me, i'm kinda worried.
Hi there,
Please don't worry...The kind of lump that you describe sounds to me as if it is the result of a condition called gynecomastia.This condition is actually a very common complaint associated with male puberty.
In general terms, gynecomastia is a swelling of the breasts,but it could be restricted to the nipple/nipples just like the symptom you have described.The reason for this is due to the hormonal changes that are occurring within your body due to puberty.
Try not to push on your nipples.. Just leave it alone so the discharge stops.This condition is also caused by hormonal changes.
It is likely that the lump under your nipple will return to normal on it's own without treatment.However, if you would like reassurance or feel that the lump has been with you for longer than you are comfortable with, then you should see you GP who will certainly be familiar with this condition.
Take care....
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.