Breast Cancer Community

Lump after stereotactic breast biopsy?

This is probably a lingering hematoma but am curious - I had a stereotactic breast biopsy in late May and developed a hematoma which appeared to go away but now I have a lump in the same area.  It's been over 3 months, so I would have expected it would have gone away by now but my doctor felt it as well and I have to go back to a specialist in a couple of weeks.  Any ideas/similar experiences?
I was left with a hard, stiffened knot right where I had my stereotactic biopsy. This was, in fact, scar tissue... after several months of gentle nightly massages with vitamin E oil, the hard lump smoothed away. So, maybe it's scar tissue??
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.