Breast Cancer Forum

Lump/discharge

I have fibro-cystic breast.  Last night, I had a pain in the areola area.  There was a lump and what seemed to be a pimple.  I squeezed it and there was discharge, but then the pain kind of went away.

This morning, it seems more swollen and there is a yellow, thick discharge from my nipple if I squeeze it. Should I be concerned? Or is it most likely just a pimple?
Dear SandyB, It sounds like there could possibly be some infection going on.  If it persists, worsens, or you begin to run a fever you should check with your doctor.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.