Breast Cancer Community

Lump in my right breast

I went to my Gyno- about 4 months ago the  day after when I found a lump in my breast. It was about the size of a pea and I only could feel it when my breast was hard. My GYN told me that there was nothing wrong with me except that I have thickening in my right breast and no lump was felt. Sine then my lump and grown about the size of a quarter an it sensitive at times.  I just got a script for a mammogram. Is this is sign of Breast Cancer? I am in my late 20's and scared.
Lumps in the breasts that are painful,are almost never a sign of cancer.Once you'll have your mammogram your doctor will be able to see if this lump needs further investigation.Since you have dense breast which is very normal considering your age,the mammogram might not be enough and you might be asked to have an Ultrasound that can very well detect cysts in the breast.From what you describe, I suspect that the lump you have,could be a simple cyst.If it gives you a lot of pain,the doctor can do a needle aspiration,if not,it can be left alone. Best wishes for your upcoming mammogram.Good luck.
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.