Breast Cancer Community

Lump in the breast of a 12 year old?Please help

my daughter is 12 and 5 days ago we found a lump in her right breast rite behind her nipple.
She said she noticed it right after exercising.
Her period was about a week ago.
It is a little tender and hurts to her.
I dont know if she may have gotten hit in her right breast or somthing.
Well i had breast cancer like a 3years ago so i am a breast cancer survivor.
But Please help i am terrifeied
Being that your daughter is 12, is she fully developed yet?   Is the lump on just one side or two?   I remember when my daughter was about 11 or 12, we too felt a lump just underneath her nipple on one side.  She said it was tender and painful.  It turned out to be her breast "bud", the beginnings of getting breast tissue!   Within a week, her other side began with the same thing.   I think it sounds like your daughter is beginning to develop.  Check with her pediatrician though just to put your mind at ease. Her doctor can give her a world of information on what to expect during puberty.  Good luck and thanks for being an observant, concerned mom!!
A quick primer on the different ways breast cancer can be treated.
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
From mammograms to personal hygiene, learn the truth about these deadly breast cancer rumors.
Breast cancer is not an inevitability. From what you eat and drink to how much you exercise, learn what you can do to slash your risk.